Manu Fortius Wants You!

Looking for a corporation to join that accentuates your play-style? At Manu Fortius, we have assembled a group of the best capsuleers to fly with. We take pride in fostering an atmosphere of like-minded people with common goals and a place where you can help the corp for the greater good and also allowing the freedom to choose your own path. Check us out!

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Irish Setters? Okay.

On the right hand side of my blog, I have a survey page.  Many of you have filled it out.  I like to create content that people would like to know more about.  Some things I'd don't have a lot of experience with (like null sec production), but I use this litmus test as a sounding board for topics.  Oddly enough, I expected people to make some creative requests.  My latest response was for Irish Setters.  I shit you not!




Admittedly, I laughed.  It did however strike a chord with me.  When I was younger, we had an Irish Setter named Kelly.  My father rescued her from the pound (dog shelter).  The dog was ultra-loyal and insanely strong.  My father built a dog house for her.  I mean, 2x4's asphalt roofing, plywood sheathing..the works! I would estimate it weighed no less than 300 pounds. This dog used to see squirrels or other dogs and pull so hard, she would break the chain tethering her to the dog house.  My father eventually had to use a larger chain.  Instead of the desired effect, the dog used to pull the house through the dirt.  I've never seen anything like it in a breed that isn't generally massive.  I will never forget it.  The dog succumbed to a skin disease and she used to chew her fur off.  Eventually she had to be put down.  It's ironic that perhaps a tongue-in-cheek response to my poll would illicit such a memory.  For those who own one of man's best friends, I dedicate this post to them and as always, fly safe-ish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment