Manu Fortius Wants You!

Looking for a corporation to join that accentuates your play-style? At Manu Fortius, we have assembled a group of the best capsuleers to fly with. We take pride in fostering an atmosphere of like-minded people with common goals and a place where you can help the corp for the greater good and also allowing the freedom to choose your own path. Check us out!

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Corporations, Relationships and Just Hanging with my Peeps

Those of you who have had a chance to be the CEO of a corporation in EVE Online know that it can be a rewarding experience.  That is when things are running like a Swiss watch.  I fear I am not alone in saying that being a CEO is a most arduous task.  One that can suck the fun right out of EVE.  Don't get me wrong, running you own corporation is great.  You have the freedom to go in any direction you want.  That's what makes EVE great.  Freedom.  On the down side, freedom is not free.  It takes a lot of time and effort to run a successful corp.  Once you move past a certain membership level, things really start to get interesting.  

One way to help you from getting burned out is to have capable and knowledgeable directors.  Unfortunately with EVE, giving out director roles could lead to your corporations downfall.  You really have to trust someone in order to make it work.  If you don't, you are going to be running the entire corp yourself.  If you have a 60hr a week full time job like I do, it's going to drive you nuts.  I have been the CEO of 3 corporations.  In Manu Fortius, where I am a director of industry now, I am able to focus on my strengths as a micro-manager of a field that I am (at least) somewhat proficient in.  I do help out from time to time where needed, but my primary focus is industry.  

EDIT:  Reading my post for a 5th time, I realized that I might have come off as running the entire corp until I burned out.  That is not even remotely close.  War, Kasigi and Chops helped run the corp.  I was just too proud to let go of all the little things.  Those guys are some of the best leaders I have ever worked with in my 6+ years of EVE.  I just thought I should add that I am a megalomaniac. 

Many months ago, I decided that I would take a break from EVE.  The corp was all but dismantled.  The directors (Kasigi Yono and Warcalibre) approached me when I finally started logging in longer than just updating skill queues, with their leaving the corp.  I think I surprised them when I inferred that it was an amicable agreement.  I just hung around running my own industry and building up some ISK.  They had since joined a corp and there they quickly became directors.  There was an internal power struggle as the CEO was indecisive and made some strange proclamations.  They decided to leave and Kasigi became the CEO of Manu Fortius.  We are going strong now and getting stronger every day.  

I am happy where we are and I am glad we are still together.  Brings to mind St Crispan's Speech in Henry V, by William Shakespeare.  It was painted on the wall, in our barracks in Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri.  I read it at least once a day.  

     And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be remembered-

    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;
    And gentlemen in England now-a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Anyway, I wanted to put that out there.  We are basically a family.  We support each other.  We help when a hand is needed and we are always willing to do what needs to be done for the benefit of the corp.  If you want to be part of that, let us know.  We are a mature group of people who don't just play EVE, we work and relate with others in our corp.  War, Kasigi and I have been flying together for a few years now.  Others in our corp have been with us nearly as long.  If you are interested and feel like we would be a good fit for you, talk to us.  We are looking for members like us.  If this sounds like a good fit for you, I would wager you would be a good fit for us.  Check us out and as always, fly safe-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment