Manu Fortius Wants You!

Looking for a corporation to join that accentuates your play-style? At Manu Fortius, we have assembled a group of the best capsuleers to fly with. We take pride in fostering an atmosphere of like-minded people with common goals and a place where you can help the corp for the greater good and also allowing the freedom to choose your own path. Check us out!

Monday, February 10, 2014

The Industrialist Newsletter's Untimely Demise


Mid 2013, I had an idea to do a monthly newsletter called "The Industrialist".  We were able to put out 4 newsletters during that time.  There was no shortage of material, but time is commodity that doesn't have much flexibility.  I did have some help with the format (you can see that started in issue #3) and some of the content.  I, however, did the majority of the articles, I edited the content and created the formatting (for issue 1,2 and 4).  It was a lot of work, but the end-product turned into something to be proud of.  I really wish I had either the time or help to put out a monthly issue.  People really liked it and I am sure it would have been very popular if it continued.  

After October (our last issue), I got sick of Eve, running a corp and dealing with war-decs and also the failure of CCP to captivate me with superior content in their last two expansions.  I became a bit jaded and I focused on other things, like  Kerbal Space Program, Starbound and Battlefield 4.  I have been playing Eve for a long time.  Other than 1 long break on 2011, I had been playing with internet spaceships almost constantly.  I really do have a deep affinity for Eve, but like any relationship, there are bitter times.  I enjoyed my time in null sec and also running successful corporations.  It was just time for a break.  Everything seemed to be pointing that way and I had reached the burn-out point.  If you have been following my blogs, I have started doing more in Eve recently.  I also started this blog.  I like reading blogs and I guess I don't mind writing them either. 

My main reason for putting together a short blog about The Industrialist was to put it back in play.  I may assembly a quarterly Industrialist newsletter.  Most of my own content would come from these blogs and other things that I think up, but that would take the pressure of deadlines off the table (or at least keep them within my control).  The newsletters would be rather large (I am guesstimating) and they would be enjoyable to read (hopefully).  I used to read EON, which was a quality publication that died way too early.  I am not sure why, but if I ventured a guess, it would be the sheer amount of time it takes to put together.    We all have day jobs or school.  I work 50-60 hours a week in a sales job and I [sort of] have a real life.  

I guess I will just take it as it comes.  Thanks for stopping by. 
You can find issues of The Industrialist here:


No comments:

Post a Comment