Manu Fortius Wants You!

Looking for a corporation to join that accentuates your play-style? At Manu Fortius, we have assembled a group of the best capsuleers to fly with. We take pride in fostering an atmosphere of like-minded people with common goals and a place where you can help the corp for the greater good and also allowing the freedom to choose your own path. Check us out!

Monday, February 10, 2014

Asleep At The Helm

Ok, so I guess I can't be mad.  I was auto-piloting to Jita while watching a movie and running some production on another alt.  I heard the tell-tale sign of impending doom and when I switched over to the client, just in time to warp my pod.  D400 from the New Order ganked me on the gate.  It was a few jumps out from Jita, but close enough to make me dread going there anyway. 

If anyone has ever been to Jita, you probably have some form of anxiety about the trip.  If you don't, then you haven't done it enough.  The law of averages will catch up with you and you will probably be targeted.  They may or may not pop you, but you will probably remember it.  If you are unlucky enough to be carrying something valuable, you will never forget.

Looking back, I have been pretty lucky.  I usually don't autopilot all the way to Jita.  Most times, I take manual control about 5 jumps out.  I was using a Prowler, which is pretty quick to align.  I guess I got too far ahead without checking which led me to my demise.  It was a 100mil kill mail.  At least they didn't get my pod, which had some juicy implants. I once had about 500mil in minerals in an Iteron V.  I happened to be on top of my game and had my invul's running.  I survived an alpha from a Tornado.  That was pretty close. There were other instances, but that was probably the most memorable (prior to the Prowler loss).

If you have never heard of James 315 or his cronies in the New Order, you are lucky.  You may have heard of MinerBumping.com though.  This is their website that showcases their ass-hattery.  While I do agree with some things that they do (harassing/ganking/botting miners)  they are annoying.  They demand that all miners get a mining permit in order to be able to mine in highsec.  Its pretty interesting.  Don't think I approve of what they do.  Far from it.  I just happen to understand it.  It's kind of a curse/gift of mine.  I can see the issue from all sides.  Anyway, just keep in mind that in Eve, everyone is out to fuck you over.     

No comments:

Post a Comment