Manu Fortius Wants You!

Looking for a corporation to join that accentuates your play-style? At Manu Fortius, we have assembled a group of the best capsuleers to fly with. We take pride in fostering an atmosphere of like-minded people with common goals and a place where you can help the corp for the greater good and also allowing the freedom to choose your own path. Check us out!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Roam. Burning

We got a few of the old guard together and did a low sec frigate roam the other day.  I hadn't been on a roam in many months, so even though I was deathly ill with a sinus infection, I was looking forward to some pew pew.  I have been doing the industrial thing since I got back into Eve last month, so it was a delightful change of pace.  The FC was flying a bait indy and a Talwar.  One of us had a Jaguar and me and one other were flying Wolfs.  After a few missteps and bait losses, we managed to get what we thought was a favorable fight.  Our bait jumped into a FW bunker at zero, but the Thorax turned out to be on the acceleration gate and proceeded to melt the bait indy.  We were waiting on the star and while our FC went out back to high sec to reship, I decided, having medicine-head, high as shit on cold and sinus medicine to FC to the death.  I faltered and was going to withdraw, but the other Wolf was already on scene and engaged.  I admit, I should have kept my mouth shut and we would still have two assault frigates.  Unfortunately, the damage was done.  The three of us were engaged with a blaster Thorax with 1600mm plate(s).  My Wolf went down shortly after the other Wolf did.  The Jaguar was able to disengage and warp off.  I had the Thorax in about 1/4 armor left.  I don't believe we had enough DPS in the Jaguar to take the Thorax down.  Those Gallente ships are pretty stout in structure with damage controls.  Had the Talwar been with us and had we all arrived at the same time, it would have been close and we would have lost at least 3 ships, but we could have pulled it off.  A completely Pyrrhic victory, but I would have taken it regardless.  

Hey, at least we had the balls to engage in low sec.  Like anything else in life and especially Eve, timing is everything.  It always means the difference between a killmail and a toast or a free ride back to your home cloning facility.  I look forward to doing more PVP now that my finances are in the black. I don't mind dropping 30mil on an assault frigate or even 150mil on a HAC during a cruiser roam.  I remember some of the most fun roams I have ever been a part of were low sec romps 15-20 systems in AHACs with Guardian support.  We engaged a carrier (on station so it was just an exercise in wasting ammo), but didn't get to kill it.  We tanked many gate guns for cruiser and frigate kills though.  Ahh, fun times.  

If you have never been on a frigate roam through low or null sec, you should really consider forming up with a PVP oriented player corporation and have some fun.  There is a majority in Eve of people who want to do their own thing and be left alone to their own devices, but Eve really is all about the PVP. You don't have to do it exclusively, but it's certainly worth the try.  I will guarantee that your pulse will be elevated.  You palms will become soaking wet and you will forget to breath at least once per engagement.  If you follow Eve at all, you have heard about events like Burn Jita, the $330k battle in Null and other such escapades.  That is were Eve really stands apart.  

If you want more info on PVP or some good corps to hook up with, send me an Eve Mail @ Vexed Nova or leave a comment below.

Anyway, as always, fly safe-ish.   

No comments:

Post a Comment