Manu Fortius Wants You!

Looking for a corporation to join that accentuates your play-style? At Manu Fortius, we have assembled a group of the best capsuleers to fly with. We take pride in fostering an atmosphere of like-minded people with common goals and a place where you can help the corp for the greater good and also allowing the freedom to choose your own path. Check us out!

Friday, April 4, 2014

Do You Mine?


When I was a freshling capsuleer, one of the easiest ways to make ISK was to mine and sell it.  Very new pilots probably ended up selling unrefined ore to people like me.  You see, I don't mine anymore.  I find it more profitable and productive to put up buy orders for ore and minerals.  I know a few large-scale industrialists might still mine (probably to fill the down time).  I am not trying to sound leet but I find mining really isn't worth it for me.  I have 4 alts that can mine, fly exhumers, freighters and Orca's.  I can certainly clear a belt or two if I wanted to.  

Now do get me wrong, mining can be profitable (yes, even in high sec), but it takes a while to amass a fortune doing it.  It becomes a grind.  If we need to run a mining op in corp, I will supply the boosts or the hauling.  I probably wont mine.  It would take away ore that newer players could take and it cuts them out of a lot of ISK because my skills are usually far better than theirs and I can run 3 Hulks.  I would rather they get the ISK and put it towards better equipment and skillbooks.

This is of course, all opinion like most blogs.  I will be putting out a list of my experiences on specific things in EVE, like the marketplace, good blueprint investments, etc.  Check back with me soon for new content.   

I have a curious:  How many of you industrialists mine their own ore?
Do you mine for sale or manufacture?
I mine to sell ore
I mine to sell refined minerals
I mine for my manufacturing needs
I place buy orders for my manufacturing needs
I'm no industrialist, I just like your blog

Poll Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment