Manu Fortius Wants You!

Looking for a corporation to join that accentuates your play-style? At Manu Fortius, we have assembled a group of the best capsuleers to fly with. We take pride in fostering an atmosphere of like-minded people with common goals and a place where you can help the corp for the greater good and also allowing the freedom to choose your own path. Check us out!

Friday, July 25, 2014

Researching Crius

I finally had a moment to install jobs into our labs last night.  I was pretty shocked at the new cost scaling.  I have been reading about it but until I actually did some work, I was dismissive.  My eyes are open.

We are in a remote high sec system without any modifiers and I was using the standard labs (the old advanced and standard mobile ones).  Here is what I found during my experience.

If I wanted to research our Orca BPO to level 10 (10% ME) from level 9, it would cost over a billion ISK and take around 216 days.  On a side note: I feel that if you own a POS and do your research there, you should get a base discount.  

Copying blueprints was much more time-consuming.  I guess it was a balancing act to keep the BPC market/supply relatively stable.  Many people ran copies out of NPC stations and those were choked off with extreme lead times and you would have to search low and null sec to find empty labs.   Many people wouldn't do that, so there was an inherent bottleneck/upper limit to the amount of BPC's being made.  Most were used for invention anyway, but it is just my opinion on the change in the lab slot mechanic.

The problem I see is for the new players or those new to blueprint activities.  Those of us who had a large library of researched blueprints are sitting pretty well after the change.  Most of my blueprints were researched well past 10 ME so they all rolled to 10 and I didn't take any hits.  The un-researched blueprints I had, or those I wish to buy will end up costing me a lot.  Here's my take (and I know those of us who have put the time, isk and effort over the years SHOULD have an advantage), but these changes will turn away those who aren't already vested or who wish to break into the blueprint arena.  In real terms, its going to cost new industrialists a lot of ISK to get where they need to be.  If they are going to manufacture (and that would be 99% of those who buy blueprints) then they have to work a lot harder to pay off the research fees before their blueprint starts making them ISK.  We 'OGs' can pluck the research cost out of our manufacturing, giving us an edge in the market (once prices stabilize to the new economy).  

TL;DR: New industrialists might end up being turned off to the industrial EVE.  Not that I mind, it's better for me, but I think what CCP was trying to do was bring new players to the industrial profession.  What is probably going to happen is that they will drive a wedge between blueprints and bittervets.  

What are you thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment