Manu Fortius Wants You!

Looking for a corporation to join that accentuates your play-style? At Manu Fortius, we have assembled a group of the best capsuleers to fly with. We take pride in fostering an atmosphere of like-minded people with common goals and a place where you can help the corp for the greater good and also allowing the freedom to choose your own path. Check us out!

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Introductions

Hello fellow pod-pilots,

My name is Warcalibre and I have been flying with Vexed Nova for the last couple years. I've worked with him closely on many efforts, and if you were a follower of the Industrialist newsletter, you may remember that I contributed several articles and some fan-fiction. Vex has graciously asked me to contribute to this blog which is a continuation of the newsletter. I am overjoyed to accept the invitation and I hope that you will also be excited for what I have to offer, which is a reboot of my fan-fiction story "Shadows of the Serpent Kingdom".

If you'll recall, the story only had one part which was published in the last issue of the newsletter. I had much more planned out, but without Vex to drive the newsletter deadline and be a partner in crime, so to speak, I mostly lost interest.

Now that the Industrialist is back, so is SotSK. You can expect regular updates to the story. (I'm planning on bi-weekly instalments of around 1500 words.) And if you did not read the first part, that's OK: I'm going to be re-posting it here with additions. Consider the original first part to be the abridged version.

If you are wondering about the genesis of this story, let me tell you now. I used to do exploration a lot, and if you have done it much, you know that there are many named NPCs which inhabit complexes. I always wondered: who are these people and what are their stories? SotSK is a story that seeks to fill in the background of some of these NPCs, in particular Tago Uriken. It's a tale of mystery and intrigue that throws a layer of grime on EVE's shiny models.

I hope you all enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment