Manu Fortius Wants You!

Looking for a corporation to join that accentuates your play-style? At Manu Fortius, we have assembled a group of the best capsuleers to fly with. We take pride in fostering an atmosphere of like-minded people with common goals and a place where you can help the corp for the greater good and also allowing the freedom to choose your own path. Check us out!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Jita Jitters

Having lost a Prowler this week and the usual Tom-foolery on the long journey from Dodixie to Jita, I tend to be quite tense during the transit.  That's when I am empty.  If I have spent money on spendy shit, the pucker factor is extreme.  Last night, in my trusty Mastedon, I once again made the perilous trek to and from Jita.  This time, I went a bit crazy.  I spent over 700 million in BPC's.  Mainly faction ships like the Raven Navy Issue, Dramiels and Daredevils.  Leaving Jita was so itence that I joked with one of my buddies that I was sweating more during the first 5 jumps from from Jita than I did at the gym a few hours prior.  I was serious.  I have a lot of capital tied up right now with production, so the loss would be devastating.

Jita has a long history of shenanigans.  People just go there to get a kill mail on some unsuspecting industrial pilot in a T1 hauler or a T2 transport doing the autopilot thing.  Most of the time, gankers have cargo scanners and look for the juicy targets like people with plex or capital blue prints.  The stuff carebears tear about and rage-quit over.  Last year , player alliances even organized disruptive campaigns to shut down Jita (Burn Jita event).  That wreaked havoc on the market there.  

The main thing to do is pay attention to your surroundings.  Don't allow yourself to become complacent and underestimate people and their ill intentions.  If you undock your internet spaceship from any station, you submit to non-consensual pvp.  You open yourself up to the possibility that you will be ganked.  You should plan ahead and be in the mindset that EVERYONE is out to get you.  They want to make you part ways with your isk, your ship, your valuables and your commitment to playing Eve.  It makes Eve unique in the MMO world.  It also can be a turn off to newer players.  Losing pretty much everything in the first week you play can shake a newbs resolve to make Eve their game.  I know it happened to me when I first started.  If you really want to understand the complexities of Eve and why combat is so common-place, find yourself an alliance in null sec, join Eve University or get in on the Red vs Blue PVP.

As always, fly safe-ish.

p.s.  I really haven't had the long-blog topic to write about so far this week.  Maybe something will happen that will get my creative juices flowing for a overly wordy blog.  Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment